Sun ‘n Lake is a special improvement district (SID), which is an independent special-purpose unit of government established to finance basic services within the development including infrastructure construction, services, and maintenance.
An assessment is a charge payable by every property owner within the District for services and improvements provided by the District, such as drainage, water, sewerage, roads, sidewalks, lighting, recreational facilities and activities.
An assessment is NOT an HOA fee, it is more like the tax you would pay if you lived in a city for the services provided by that city.
(There are areas within the District that do have Homeowners Associations but any fees levied by these are separate from your District assessments.)The annual assessment fees on residential properties for 2022/2023 are as follows:
- $764.40 for a single-family residential property
- $841.05 for a single-family residential property on a golf course
- $153.30 for a vacant lot without roads and drainage
- $382.20 for a vacant lot with roads and drainage
- $458.85 for a vacant lot on a golf course
This District Assessment Rate provides many benefits to the residents of Sun ‘n Lake including:
- An enhanced security force that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Maintenance and operation of infrastructure including roads, drainage systems, and water retention areas.
- The maintenance of recreational facilities and open park recreation areas, golf courses, and conservation areas.
- Street lights throughout the District.
- Mosquito control.
- Provision, maintenance, and administration of the Community Center.
- Mowing and maintaining of the rights of way along District roads.
- Landscaping of the common areas for beautification of the District.
Click HERE to see an in-depth explanation of District Assessment Benefits!
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category